Denmark - Copenhagen (Chapter)
This is the Copenhagen chapter from Lonely Planet’s Denmark guidebook.
Copenhagen is the coolest kid on the Nordic block with its industrial-chic bars, design and fashion scenes, and recent culinary revolution. But Copenhagen is more than just seasonal cocktails and geometric threads. A royal capital with almost nine centuries under its svelte belt, it’s equally well versed when it comes to world-class museums and storybook streetscapes. Its cobbled, bike-loving streets are a hyggelig (cosy) concoction of sherbet-hued townhouses, craft studios and candlelit cafes.
- cruise the city on a canal and harbour tour
- indulge in an evening of thrills, spills and fairy floss at ever-enchanting Tivoli
- learn the truth about the Vikings at Nationalmuseet
- hit the cafes, bars, boutiques and galleries of Copenhagen’s coolest quarters, Nørrebro and Vesterbro
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Copenhagen, Around Copenhagen, Louisiana, Arken Museum Of Modern Art, Charlottenlund, Klampenborg and Lyngby.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.