Czech & Slovak Republics - West & North Bohemia (Chapter)
This chapter contains the West Bohemia and North Bohemia chapters from Lonely Planet's Czech & Slovak Republics guidebook.
Walk the line between virtue and vice in West Bohemia: immersing yourself in its spirit-lifting spa towns then over-indulging in its famous breweries. And don't let gritty North Bohemia's industrial centres deter you. Off the main drag, you'll find rugged landscapes, hiking trails and languid rivers.
- go underground to explore the heritage of Plzen, the original hometown of golden Pilsner
- ascend the imposing 'Long Ride' to the brooding castle in Decín
- ease off the travel accelerator in the sleepy riverside town of Loket nad Ohre
- restaurants & accommodation
- explore the Labe with a leisurely river cruise from Litomerice
Coverage includes: Frantiskovy Lázne, Mariánské Lázne & around, Karlovy Vary, Loket Nad Ohre, Plzen, Klatovy, Litomerice, Decín, Sandstone Rocks of Labe.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.