Czech & Slovak Republics - Bratislava & West Slovakia (Chapter)
This chapter contains the Bratislava and West Slovakia chapters from Lonely Planet's Czech & Slovak Republics guidebook.
Bustling Bratislava maintains its charm despite its tourist hordes and encroaching modernisation. Abuzz with restaurants, cafes and bars, the quaint old town is tailor-made for strolling and people-watching. Further afield, West Slovakia gives you ancient forts, vineyards and hot springs.
- bear witness to the lives and old-town architecture lost at the Museum of Jewish Culture
- get wrapped naked in mud in Piestany
- eat halusky with the little old ladies that lunch at U Remeselníka
- restaurants & accommodation
- learn falconry skills at Cervený Kamen Castle
Coverage includes: Bratislava & around, History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Dangers & Annoyances, Entertainment, Devín Castle, Small Carpathians, Trnava, Piest'any, Cachtice & Beckov Castles, Trencín, Nitra.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.