US & British Virgin Islands - Jost van Dyke (Chapter)
This is the Jost Van Dyke chapter from Lonely Planet's US & British Virgin Islands guidebook.
Jost is a little island with a big personality. It may only take up 4 sq miles of teal-blue sea, but its reputation has spread thousands of miles beyond. Anegada's pancake-flat, desert landscape looks that different, and its wee clutch of restaurants and guesthouses are that baked-in-the-sun mellow. This easternmost Virgin floats just 12 miles away from its brethren, but you'll think you've landed on another planet.
- hoist a namesake lager and hear improvised calypso at Foxy's
- sharpen your ring-toss skills with a Painkiller at the Soggy Dollar Bar
- splash in the waves and sea fizz at Bubbly Pool
- restaurants & accommodations
- crack into a grilled, spiced lobster at a beachside restaurant
- swing in a hammock at the Big Bamboo
- catch a glimpse of the pink flock at Flamingo Pond
Coverage includes: Jost Van Dyke, Great Harbour, White Bay, Little Harbour, Anegada, West End and East End.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF