Cambodia - Siem Reap (Chapter)
This is the Siem Reap chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cambodia guidebook.
The life-support system for the temples of Angkor, Siem Reap was always destined for great things. It has reinvented itself as the epicentre of cool Cambodia, with everything from backpacker party pads to hip hotels, world-class wining and dining, and sumptuous spas. Angkor is a place to be savoured, not rushed, and this is the base to plan your adventures.
- Discover the quiet temples of Angkor hidden away in the modern pagodas of Wat Athvea and Wat Preah Inkosei
- Dive into Pub St, the drinking capital of Siem Reap, and discover nearby restaurants and bars.
- Explore the flooded forest of Kompong Pluk, an incredible village of bamboo skyscrapers
- Encounter some of the world’s rarest large water birds at Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights & Activities, Sleeping, Eating & Drinking, Shopping, Getting There & Away, Prek Toal Bird Sanctuary, Ang Trapeng Thmor Reserve, Floating Village of Chong Kneas, Kompong Pluk, Kompong Khleang and Me Chrey.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF