Prague & the Czech Republic - Day Trips from Prague (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Prague chapter from Lonely Planet's Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Prague - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Karlštejn Castle and the Konopiště Chateau.
- Visiting the Czech Republic’s famous Karlštejn Castle, perched on a hilltop like a fairy-tale fortress, and the most popular day trip from Prague.
- Konopiště Chateau, the former country retreat of Archduke Franz Ferdinand (whose assassination sparked WWI) offers a fascinating insight into its aristocratic owner.
- Built on the riches generated by silver mining, Kutná Hora once rivalled Prague in importance, and still boasts a treasure house of historical monuments.
- The Lobkowicz family chateau, Mělník, and its tiny but historic vineyard are the focus of Bohemia’s modest winegrowing region.
- The grim 18th-century fortress of Terezín served as a concentration camp during WWII, and is today a moving museum to the horrors of the Holocaust.
Coverage includes: Karlštejn Castle, Konopiště Chateau, Kutná Hora, Mělník, and Terezín.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95