Prague & the Czech Republic - Best of Bohemia (Chapter)
This is the Best of Bohemia chapter from Lonely Planet's Prague & the Czech Republic guidebook.
Want to delve deeper into the Czech Republic’s West? This chapter includes the very best of Bohemia. Must-sees include Český Krumlov in the south and Mariánské Lázně in the far west.
- České Budějovice is a bustling regional capital with the country’s largest town square and home-brewed Czech ‘Budweiser’ beer.
- The Renaissance town of Český Krumlov is so pretty even Praguers get a teensy bit envious.
- The sleepy getaway of Třeboň with a pretty Renaissance castle nestled within a protected landscape.
- The old Hussite bastion of Tábor has some bewildering underground passageways.
- Plzeň is the EU’s 2015 cultural capital, and did we mention the brewery tour?
- Waters and wafers at the Czech Republic’s best-known spa town, Karlovy Vary.
- Goethe, Chopin and even Mark Twain were drawn to the tranquillity of the spa resort of Mariánské Lázně.
Coverage includes: České Budějovice, Český Krumlov, Třeboň, Tábor, Plzeň, Karlovy Vary and Mariánské Lázně.
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95