Discover Costa Rica
Item(s) added to cart.Go to checkout now
Lonely Planet Discover Costa Rica is your passport to Costa Rica’s top sights and most authentic experiences. Wander through the pristine Monteverde Cloud Forest, discover Tico culture in San Jose, or sprawl on a white sand beach in Montezuma, all with your trusted travel companion.
Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Costa Rica:
- In-depth coverage of the destination’s must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-color design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries to help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes Tico culture, history, outdoor activities, environment, wildlife, cuisine, and language)
- Free, convenient pull-out Costa Rica map
Covers: San Jose, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio, Volcan Arenal, Montezuma, Peninsula de Osa, Tortuguero, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Playa Samara and more