Dominican Republic & Haiti - North & South Haiti (Chapter)
This is the Southern and Northern Haiti chapters from Lonely Planet’s Dominican Republic & Haiti guidebook.
Haiti’s south is about taking it easy. Pulling out of Port-au-Prince, the urban hustle is soon replaced by a much more relaxed air as you head towards the Caribbean Sea. If you’re interested in how Haiti came to be as it is today, head north. From Columbus’ first landfall on Hispaniola to the key events of the slave revolution, it all happened here.
- explore the architecture of old Jacmel
- relive Haitian history at the Citadelle and ruins of Sans Souci
- have your mind blown by the street theater of Jacmel Carnival
- let the waves lap at your feet at Plage Labadie
- restaurants & accommodations
- dive into the cool waters of Bassins-Bleu waterfall
Coverage includes: Jacmel, the Southwest, Les Cayes, Île-à-Vache, Port Salut, Camp Perrin, Parc National Macaya, Jérémie & around and Pestel, Cap-Haïtien & around, the Citadelle & Sans Souci, Beaches West of Cap-Haïtien, the Northeast, Fort Liberté, Ouanaminthe, the Northwest, Gonaïves and Port-De-Paix & Île De La Tortue.
Lonely Planet PDF eBooks are PDF versions of our guides. They are available from the Lonely Planet Shop as either individual chapters or complete guides. PDF files can be printed and are viewable on eReaders, tablets, smart-phones and PCs. Learn more about Lonely Planet PDF eBooks.
Formats: EPUB, PDF, MOBI