Accessible Rio city guide (PDF)
Available in digital format only (no print edition).
Download the free PDF HERE
Lonely Planet sent wheelchair user Emily Rose Yates – a Games Maker at the 2012 London Paralympic Games and an accessibility consultant for MetroRio – to put in the hard yards on the ground and write a guide with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip and what to watch out for if you have a disability.
The guide covers everywhere you’re likely to want to go if you’re visiting Rio for the 2016 Olympic or Paralympic Games – the Maracanã Football Stadium, Copacabana, Barra da Tijuca, Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, Ipanema, Leblon, Gávea and more. Disabled athletes and visitors will discover where to surf and samba with local disabled people’s organizations, and how to explore the lively nightlife scene and take in amazing beach views from Pão de Açúcar (Sugarloaf Mountain). From what to expect when you land and how to avoid the hassle of unexpected barriers, to planning an accessible weekend, this guide has it all.
Supplementing all the features of Lonely Planet guides that have made them the traveller’s Bible – essential information, detailed maps, honest reviews and cultural insights – with information about the accessibility of sports venues, restaurants, cafes and hotels, Accessible Rio De Janeiro will be indispensable for anyone travelling to Rio who has access needs.
Inside Lonely Planet Accessible Rio de Janeiro:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – accessibility features, hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience – cuisine, sport, favelas, local life
- Over 20 color maps
Covers: Maracanã Football Stadium, Copacabana Beach, Barra da Tijuca, Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas, Ipanema, Leblon, Gávea, Jardim Botânico, Lagoa, Copacabana, Leme, Botafogo, Humaitá, Urca, Flamengo, Centro, Praça Mauá, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Western Rio and more
More Accessible Travel guides available here
ISBN: 9781786577634 Language: English
Authors: Martin Heng, Regis St. Louis, Emily Rose Yates