Vienna - Day Trips from Vienna (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Vienna chapter from Lonely Planet's Vienna guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Vienna - and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include Salzburg's Old Town and Bratislava's Municipal Museum.
- Mozart's birthplace, Maria von Trapp's spiritual home and the former hangout of prince-archbishops - Salzburg will make you yodel out loud with its baroque beauty and high-on-a-hill fortress.
- Quaint Krems an der Donau plies its visitors with wine and apricot schnapps, then sends them out to explore its eye-catching historical core by the Danube.
- Easily reachable from the capital, must-see Stift Melk and nearby Schallaburg castle make up an architectural duo you won't want to miss.
- With its wine-producing traditions, pretty historical centre and dramatic location, the easygoing Czech town of Znojmo is the gateway to the Podyjí National Park.
- Straddling the Danube, the Slovak capital of Bratislava offers an intriguing insight into the Austro-Hungarian and more recent socialist past.
Coverage includes: Salzburg, Krems an der Donau, Melk & around, Znojmo (Czech Republic) and Bratislava (Slovakia).
Formats: EPUB, MOBI, PDF
was USD $4.95